Monday, November 29, 2010

Photo of the Day: Nov. 29th - 'Sea Lion - Galapagos Islands'

I hoped for the perfect opportunity to catch the cub sea lion in action as it basked in the sun a few meters away from me. I lay on the rocky island of Fernandina patiently waiting for the cub to make its move until finally, not only did he move, but he was also charging my way! I was lying on my stomach (at eye level) and feeling a rush of excitement as he swayed his heavy body from side to side, each time getting closer and closer!  All I could do is sigh from the humble feeling of being so close to nature while at the same time yelling out, "you’re beautiful", “gorgeous”, “that’s it get closer” all as I furiously clicked the shutter at least 50 times! With quite the "photo session" you figured he was modeling for the cover of Vogue but little did he know he would be featured in the next best thing: today’s Photo of the Day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment